Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the MAS Annual Meeting?
- What is the Winchell Undergraduate Research Symposium?
- How do I participate?
- What is the difference between a presenter and an attendee?
- How do I register?
- How do I become a member of the Minnesota Academy of Science?
- If I am a presenter, should I present just a paper, a poster, or prepare a paper and a poster?
- How are the organizations ACS (American Chemical Society) and Tri-Beta related to the Annual Meeting/Winchell Undergraduate Research Symposium?
- Can I register at the door?
A venue for undergraduate students to present scientific ideas and research through the presentation of a paper, poster or both.
You can attend the Annual Meeting/Winchell Symposium as an observer, as an undergraduate presenter, or you may volunteer as a judge. In order to attend in any capacity, you must register through our online system.
Registration can be done through our secure online registration system. Please be sure to have your contact information, your presentation information (if applicable) and your payment ready when you register. Priority abstract submission is March 22, 2013. Abstracts submitted after this deadline will be subjected to an additional $10 fee.
They are academic associations that are meeting in conjunction with the Annual Meeting/Winchell Undergraduate Research Symposium.
All presenters must be fully registered by March 29, 2013- no exceptions. The registration deadline for attendees who are not presenting is April 5, 2013. Due to space and meal limitations, we strongly recommend you register by the deadline. If it is past April 5, 2013 and you are interested in registering, please contact Megan Buchanan at 612-423-0707.