2014 Judges and Volunteers
The High School STEM Communicator Awards program needs volunteer judges of three types:
- Professional scientists/engineers/mathematicians working in an area listed below
- Citizen-scientists who are interested and trained in math/science fields
- Technical writers
Volunteers are asked to read two or three papers and respond electronically to student work. Papers will be sent out approximately one month in advance of the due date to give ample time for readers.
If you are interested in volunteering for this important work, please email the Program Coordinator, Karen Newell, at firstname.lastname@example.org or register online.
Students are required to assign their projects to one of the following categories:
- Animal Sciences
- Behavioral & Social Sciences
- Cellular & Molecular Biology
- Computer Science
- Earth and Planetary Science
- Energy & Transportation
- Engineering: Materials & BioEng.
- Engineering: Electrical & Mechanical
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Science & Analysis
- Mathematical Sciences
- Medicine & Health Sciences
- Physics & Astronomy
- Plant Sciences