Judges and Volunteers
The High School STEM Communicator Awards program needs volunteer judges of three types:
- Professional scientists/engineers/mathematicians working in an area listed below
- Citizen-scientists who are interested and trained in math/science fields
- Technical writers
Volunteers are asked to read two or three papers and respond electronically to student work. Papers will be sent out approximately one month in advance of the due date to give ample time for readers.
Judging occurs mid-April 2017. Please notify Karen (email@example.com) by April 5 if you wish to participate in this important work.
Students are required to assign their projects to one of the following categories:
- Animal Sciences
- Behavioral & Social Sciences
- Cellular & Molecular Biology
- Computer Science
- Earth and Planetary Science
- Energy & Transportation
- Engineering: Materials & BioEng.
- Engineering: Electrical & Mechanical
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Science & Analysis
- Mathematical Sciences
- Medicine & Health Sciences
- Physics & Astronomy
- Plant Sciences