All North central Regional JSHS student delegates must submit a 200-word abstract and research paper to this email address firstname.lastname@example.org
The author block and title are NOT included in the total word count. The 200 word abstract does include: 1 inch margins, keyed in 10 or 12 point font (Times or Times New Roman). Abstracts must be adequate in length but not exceed these specifications. The header preceding the abstract body must include:
1. Title of the research;
2. Authors name(s);
3. Name of teacher/mentor/sponsor and his or organization. Precede the individual's name with a subheading (i.e. teacher, mentor, sponsor);
5. Include one line of space between the heading and the abstract body.
The abstract should accurately convey the essential nature of the research conducted and the most significant conclusions reached. A further purpose of the abstract is to attract the interest and curiosity of the non-specialist reader and thus encourage exchange, discussion, and elaboration between various authors and between authors and readers.
JSHS PAPER ABSTRACTS and SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH PAPERS:
- 20 page maximum on papers and no larger than 3 MB including graphs and photos
- Do not submit paper to MN Academy of Science JSHS. Instead you will have with you (2) copies of full scientific research papers to lay on side table in room for judge review.
- You will have with you (5-10) Abstract copies to give to judges in your presentation room.