College & Career Guides
College rankings and information to help students choose colleges.
Women in STEM
The US Department of Commerce reported that women only occupy 24% of the nation's STEM jobs. Job openings in STEM industries are projected to grow by over 19% in the next decade. BestColleges.com offers two new guides to support STEM women in their academic and career goals:
- Women in STEM: an editorial exploration on the state of women in STEM with several interviews from women in the industry and a collection of scholarships.
- Career Guide for STEM: featuring paths of study, specializations, job options, as well as an interview with a woman with 23 years of experience working in STEM.
Center for Online Education
Engineering fields are projected to grow consistantly through 2024. This online engineering degree guide includes key information for students to decide if it is the right field for them.
Online Programs for Education Administration
A non-profit ranking of online colleges focused on education administration for pre-K through postsecondary school systems.
Guide to Online Schools
Information about more than 25,00 online degree programs from over 600 accredited schools.
Affordable Online College loan guide
A guidebook to the student loan process, as well as other online resources for college.
Online Courses catalogs free online courses from leading universities like Yale, MIT, Stanford, and Harvard.
Explains affordable online programs available based on the U.S. New College Ranking report, including money-saving tips, college budget calculator, and insights on FAFSA.
Open Education Database
Open Education Databasehas been one of the most comprehensive collections of online college rankings and free courses anywhere online since 2007, welcoming learners of all levels to explore their interests and prepare for exciting new careers, build on existing foundations of education and experience, or just satisfy a craving to learn something completely new.
Educating Engineers is a comprehensive website that provides information related to the engineering sector and reviews on nearly 2,000 engineering programs throughout the United States.
Choosing an engineering career
Guide to evaluating engineering degree options -- the differences between the disciplines in job growth, salary, responsibilities and license requirements.
Open Education Database
The Open Education Database provides resources for students to learn about careers in the sciences, take free, open online courses, and explore college rankings.
More people are opting for a trade, which always will be in high demand. Here are some scholarship options.
- 2017 Skilled Labor Shortage Scholarship
- Women in Skilled Trades Scholarship Program
- HVAC Scholarship Programs
- National Housing Endowment Student Scholarships
- 2017 Technicians in Residential Plumbing, HVAC or Electrical Scholarship
- Women in HVACR Scholarship Program
- World Plumbing Council Scholarship Program
- 2017 Troops to Trades Training Grants and Scholarships